Monday, November 15, 2010

Sweet Sixteen

We've reached 16 Weeks today and Baby Ames is the size of an avocado. Phew, we're finally comparing our bambino to something less sweet than fruit! We met with the doctor today and the baby and mommy are VERY healthy. The baby's heartbeat was 145 beats per minute and got to listen to the little heart go pitter patter. 


I've officially succumbed to maternity jeans - I cannot fit into my old jeans, even the ones that were a little big for me when I first got pregnant. As many of you already know, I don't have a butt and wearing maternity pants makes it even worse. I've officially graduated to "mom butt" status. I've gained seven pounds since we've gotten pregnant. The doctor said I'm gaining weight as I should be!


We also have done some further screening on our baby's genetics and everything has come back healthy! Yay! We are heading in the healthy direction, we've hoped for! Thank you, Lord!


Kurt drove me back to work after our doctor's appointment today and as we were turning onto Michigan Avenue, I looked over and recognized someone. I said, "that guy looks a lot like Ryne Sandberg" and Kurt quickly confirmed it was. For those of you who don't know who Ryne Sandberg is, he's a Hall of Fame baseball player for the Chicago Cubs - A hero to many! He played Second Base in the 80's and 90's. If that's not a sign that we're having a 2nd Baseman (professional baseball, of course), we're not sure what is!


We're off to Iowa City this weekend to cheer our Hawkeyes onto a much needed victory! We are looking forward to spending some time with Grandma and Grandpa Lazar!!


It's crazy to believe we're four months pregnant - The time has been quite enjoyable so far. We truly are enjoying a Sweet Sixteen this week!


Thanks everyone for your continued support - We're super lucky to have you in our lives!


With love,
Kurt + Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment