Monday, January 24, 2011

A Letter To My Unborn Child

Dear Baby Ames,


So you and I have spent 26 weeks "together" as of today. It's crazy that we haven't met face to face yet I feel such a close connection to you. I look forward to our first encounter, it should be in about three months! Although I'm nervous of being a great mother, I'm hopeful that you will be patient with me as I'm learning the ropes. This will be our little journey we have together and quite the adventure it will be!


I want you to know that I am super thrilled to have you join our family. I am pleased that you will have an amazing father who is patient, kind and generous. I know you will look up to him while growing up as he will be a great role model to you. If I were you, seek advice from him, he is wiser beyond his years. And keep your ears open, he has some funny things to say along the way.


I hope you see me as a loving, nurturing and strong mother that is always there for you. I want you to know that no matter what mistakes you make in life, I will always love you. I anxiously await the day I  peek into your bedroom and and see your legs kicking in the air bc you are excited to see my face. Please know I'll be kicking inside with joy every second I spend with you.


You'll be relieved to know that you have a very protective "big brother" named Shakespeare. I know he'll make sure nothing harms you and will have one of his eyes and ears on you. He's a little ball of energy, I think the two of you will get along famously (I'm basing this off the kicks, turns and summersaults that I'm constantly feeling from you).


Things I look forward to throughout your childhood are family dinners where we discuss our days, getting a good night's kiss from you, school plays and recitals, masterpieces to hang on our fridge, bed time stories, taking you to Cubs games and hearing you call me mom.


I cannot thank you enough for all you've given to me already and I've yet to meet you. I can only imagine what gifts I'll get come May 2nd. Please get plenty of rest until then as I plan on sharing lots of hugs and kisses and an infinite amount of giggles together.


Love Always, 
Mom


PS: Your dad and I would like to apologize for the the loud screams, claps and hollers yesterday. We had a big game on the line - Bears vs Packers - the winning team was awarded a trip to the Superbowl. I am confident you'll understand one day! ;)

1 comment:

  1. TJ - one of the nicest, sweetest things I have ever read. Baby Ames is sooo lucky to be born into the care of such loving parents. You and Kurt will be fantastic parents; and I look forward to meeting him/her in a few months! xoxo

    ReplyDelete