Monday, January 10, 2011

Might As Well Face It I'm Addicted to Pancakes

There is nothing more satisfying than a stack of pancakes fresh off the griddle with melted butter and warm gooey syrup to start my day. I cannot get flapjacks out of my mind - I'm officially addicted. I've shaken the craving here and there but really why fight it, right? Isn't life too short? 


We're at 24 Weeks and Baby Ames is the length of an ear of corn. How fitting as Kurt and I are both from Iowa? We've grown up with corn fields and all things corn! The baby now weighs a little over a pound and is starting to fill out. While he/she is filing out, he/she is moving around quite a bit. Kurt felt the baby kick last week and this weekend he saw my stomach moving from this baby's strong limbs. I am excited for the day to see an actual foot slide across me soon! 


Aside from my pancake addiction, I cannot get enough bubble baths this winter. I love coming home from a cold commute and sliding into a tub full of bubbles and a great book! I have to say, ever since I found out I was pregnant, I've really begun to master appreciating the little things in life. 


This weekend our dear little ear of corn will accompany us to Iowa. Kurt has a boys weekend planned in Des Moines and I plan on spending some time with my parents. It should be a very relaxing weekend. I think it's safe to say both Kurt and I look forward to a few days away from work as we've both been so busy!


They say time quickly passes by the busier you stay. It's amazing that we're 6 months pregnant! I'll be hitting my third trimester in just a few short weeks!! Wow!!


Hope you all have a fantastically yummy week filled with all the goodies you crave. I know I'll be enjoying my love for pancakes here in the next couple days as we've been apart since Saturday. 


Lots of Love,
Tonya + Kurt

2 comments:

  1. Yay! An ear of corn! Love it. Enjoy being back in Iowa this weekend. Rachel is due with Berdo #3 some time in the next week or so, so we are all excited to see what it is! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I will have to stock up on pancake mix and 100% maple syrup!

    ReplyDelete