Monday, February 21, 2011

No More Wire Hangers

We are now officially in the 30's! We are at Week 30. They say the baby is ready to join the world by Week 37 but full gestation is through Week 40. So really, we could have the baby anywhere between 7-10 weeks from now. Wow, it gives me butterflies thinking of how quickly Baby Ames will be here! 


I have a saint for a husband. I think most of you know that, but let me explain a little further. Saturday morning we got up early to run errands around the city and neither of us were in a great mood. I decided to call off the errand running bc the last thing I wanted to do is fight on a Saturday. Here's the equation I wanted to avoid: 2 cranky soon-to-be parents + a stressful errand run around Chicago = not a good weekend. 


The catalyst of my cranky behavior was that the house had so much clutter and stuff that I just thought I'd blow. I cannot stand living in clutter and I'd reached my boiling point. I got out of the car, walked up stairs (while Kurt ran a couple neighborhood errands) and I went "Joan Crawford aka Mommy Dearest" on our cabinets and closets. I threw away at least three black trash bags of junk and I think Shakespeare thought I was possessed by the devil for that brief moment. (no joke, he was shaking)


Kurt came back up to the house and while he was out and about, he got me a soothing tea and also gave me a hug, seeing me in the midst of all the clutter and soon-to-be trash. What a husband!! I told him I didn't know what had gotten into me but I just could not live with the clutter anymore. He attempted to tell me that I'm "nesting." While I love his thought process, I'm not quite sure if I have a maternal bone in my body? Regardless, the house is spic and span now and I challenge each of you to the closet and cabinet test upon your next visit.


The nursery is 99% complete, we're just waiting on one more piece of furniture - the rocker! It feels good to have things done but now I just keep torturing myself by going in there and imagining the days to come with our little peanut. I turn on the lamps every day pretending that he/she is already here.  


So the moral of the story is, I have an amazing husband that takes good care of me. A few weeks ago we started a "Grateful Journal" where each day we write three things that we're grateful for. Well, February 19th, 2011 stated all things Kurt Ames bc I'm truly grateful for him.


Hopefully your week doesn't consist of Joan Crawford moments but yet you realize all the little things that make you grateful bc we all are truly blessed. Whether it be an amazing spouse, a loving pet or an old friend to make you laugh - I think we all can agree, Life is Good!


Lots of love,
Tonya

1 comment:

  1. The weeks are flying by! Baby Ames will be here very soon!

    ReplyDelete