Thursday, July 14, 2011

Eleanor Update

I don't really have a theme to my blog today, just a few little notes to get you all updated on our little monkey! 

First and foremost, I have to say I am a VERY proud mama to my daughter Eleanor! I took her to her Gymboree class again yesterday and she is SO GOOD. Many of the other babies were crying and not enjoying Tummy Time and she rocked it like a true professional! Her neck is getting so strong and she was very alert, looking around at the other babies. Eleanor has a friend in class too, her name is Christina. She stared at her the entire time yesterday! 

We had our two month appointment on Monday and Eleanor got her vaccinations. I didn't think I could bear being in the room with her when they were giving her, her shots BUT once I got in there and knew what she was going to go through, I couldn't step away. I wanted to be there to soothe and consul her. The first shot went in and immediately her face turned red and she belted out a screaming cry. I felt so bad for her! Once they were all given, I picked her up and she got quiet. How amazing is this girl?

I go back to work on July 25th and we think we found a nanny! Actually we like two of them, and we'll be making an offer to one of them today! We hope she accepts. Her name is Kristen and she graduated from University of Buffalo with a masters in Sports Administration. She just moved to Chicago bc her boyfriend is getting his residency at Resurrection Hospital. She is 25 years old and has been nannying for quite a while (while in school and after). She came over today to meet Shakespeare and he was VERY calm around her. So strange?! 

Some other news, Kurt and I have decided to snoop at condos. We really want to get a three bedroom as we want our family to visit as much as possible! We are just looking but still it's exciting! Next week, we are going to take a look at three of them in the Lincoln Park area. One has THREE levels! Amazing but also scary with stairs and Eleanor. I really don't want to leave this house but I think it's worth us taking a look at some places and getting a feel for the market and what is out there in our price range.

Eleanor is starting to give us a little more sleep - There's been a couple nights this week where she slept until 6/6:30am! It's really nice to see a glimmer of what life used to be in terms of sleep. And when she sleeps, she grows. She certainly is growing! She is 23 1/4 inches long and 11 pounds, 8 ounces! Per her pediatrician, she's in the 90th percentile of height and the 75 percentile of weight. 

While Eleanor continues to grow, our loves continues to grow for her. Every day I wake up and I love her more than I loved her the day before. I didn't know this much love could even exist! It's pretty amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment