Monday, March 14, 2011

Honeydew This, Honeydew That

Well, we're at week 33 and I know I say this all the time but holy cow time is passing by quickly! We could have this baby in four weeks and at that point we'll be "full-term." Where did time go? In a month there's a chance Baby Ames will be with us. 


This weekend we had a weekend of Baby Bliss! We spent the full day on Saturday at Prentice, where we'll be welcoming our little peanut into the world. We took a labor and delivery class and got a tour of the hospital. It was a lot of information and videos to take in from 8:30am to 4:30pm. While we were learning about the different stages of labor and seeing some close ups of babies being born, the city of Chicago was indulging in Guinness and painting the town green. Boy have things changed for Kurt and myself - we were no longer celebrating our faux-Irish heritage. Sunday we took a CPR and safety class. I've already filled out the emergency numbers to call and have them taped to our cabinet just in case. We hope we'll never have to call those numbers but better to be safe than sorry!


Baby Ames sure is growing - he/she is the size of honeydew. Who knew Baby Ames would grow like a weed and already weighing a whopping 4 pounds? Yowzers! And the baby continues to move like a monkey, I swear he/she is swinging from organ to organ. Yesterday I got kidney punched a good handful of times!


I just got home from seeing my friend Erin and her new baby, Cate (who was born on Tuesday). We have a potential girlfriend or best friend for Baby Ames! I had a talk with Cate tonight and told her to rest up bc there's lots of fun to be had between the two of them. Holding the newborn made me excited yet nervous bc I just don't know what we're going to do with a newborn! I guess we'll learn as we go. Isn't that what most parents do?


Well, expect a few panicked calls from Kurt or myself - I'm sure we'll have all of your numbers on speed dial asking what do we do with our honeydew. Until then we'll read up on things and take our final newborn class!


Well grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles and friends - get ready bc a whirlwind of the Baby Ames storm is on the horizon!! Don't touch that dial!!


Lots of Love,
Tonya + Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment