Monday, May 16, 2011

Please Welcome, Eleanor Virginia Ames

We're baaaaack! And we're pleased to announce that we were pleasantly surprised with a baby girl born on Tuesday, May 10th at 2:12pm. 

The labor and delivery went better than planned - I braved through the first seven hours without the epidural and then by much persuasion from the nurse and my husband I caved in to the medication. Around 12:30pm I was feeling some VERY strong contractions and pressure in my butt - The nurse came in to see how I was feeling bc my contractions were 2 minutes apart. I told her my symptoms and she said, "Why didn't you call us, you're ready to push." Kurt and I were shocked that it was time to push already - things went quicker than we anticipated. So the doctor came in to access the situation and confirmed the nurse's prediction and it was game time! After 30-40 minutes of pushing, we were given the most amazing gift we've ever received - Eleanor Virginia. She weighed 7lbs 4oz and was 21.5 inches long. 

We're really adjusting to the new addition to our household. Eleanor has been such a great little newborn thus far (knock on wood). She's a good sleeper, a good eater, and a good snuggler. Kurt and I have been typical parents - panicked when she makes even the slightest peep! We'll get used to the new sounds and movements she makes, but in the meantime we'll continue to stare at her to calm us down.

Kurt has been such an amazing daddy. I have fallen in love all over with him again (I didn't even know that was possible?) watching him fall in love with our daughter. He has been extremely hands on with everything! His first diaper change was in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. He didn't want to wake me up and instead he just did it! All he wants to do his snuggle and feed her, I couldn't be happier! He said to me last week that he couldn't imagine having a boy now that he has a girl - And I know what he's talking about!

We had our first week doctors appointment today, we met with Eleanor's pediatrician. He is absolutely great! We have a healthy little baby girl on our hands. He was impressed she could hold her own pacifier and her jaundice wasn't even an issue as it was last week. Our doctor also specializes in asthma (we found out by chance) which is good bc Kurt grew up with asthma and there's a slight chance Eleanor could do the same. We feel comfort knowing we have such a great doctor to look over our daughter's health.

Aside from the good news we had quite a comical day. Before we left the house, we had exorcist baby that decided to projectile all over her freshly clothed body and mommy. So we rushed around the house changing everyone's clothes! Then we got into the doctors office, per the nurse we were to undress Eleanor all but her diaper. Well color me poopy, there was a diaper that was filled with the most poop we'd seen to date! So ten thousand baby wipes and 2 diapers later we had a clean butt, ready for the doctor. 

Tomorrow Kurt goes back to work and he's already requested email updates on his daughter and pictures of her every hour on the hour. I gladly concede to his requests as his two ladies will truly miss him!

We want to thank all of you who have had the chance to make the trip to meet our leading lady and for the sweet messages and phone calls. It really means a lot to us to have your love and support! She is lucky to have all of you in her life!

Tomorrow is a special day as it's Eleanor's 1 week birthday and Daddy's 35th birthday. Please join me in wishing the two loves of my life a VERY special day!

In the meantime, we will keep you updated on our daughter's progress - Hopefully we can continue the Monday tradition of this blog! Thanks again everyone for the love you're sending our way, words cannot express our appreciation!

Much love,
Kurt, Tonya + Eleanor

1 comment:

  1. Kurt and Tonya are amazing parents. They seem to be taking everything in stride as it comes along. Eleanor is a very lucky little one to have such loving parents

    ReplyDelete